WOODLAND CREATION AND CARBON MANAGEMENT
With an environmentally aware government, policies in place to support this, and attractive grant support, there has never been a better time for woodland creation within Scotland. If you are thinking of creating new woodland whether it be a commercial conifer crop or an extensive native woodland scheme, our forestry team have the expertise and experience required for this specialist form of land management.
Alongside woodland creation, the management of carbon is becoming increasingly important and is demonstrated within the UK Carbon Code http://www.forestry.gov.uk/carboncode. Carbon sequestered through new woodland creation schemes can now be registered and carbon credits traded through accredited structures/organisations. Independent validation and verification to these standards provides assurance and clarity regarding the carbon savings of these sustainably managed woodlands.
We offer a comprehensive woodland creation service including:
- Grant advice and application
- Ground surveys and mapping
- Scheme planning and budgeting
- Implementation, contract management and progress monitoring
- Advice and management of UK Carbon Code and Carbon trading schemes
For further information on Woodland Creation and Carbon Management, please email Dr Ben Lennon or phone (01463) 235753 / 07717 227 682.
THREE DEVELOPMENT SITES,
An excellent and rare opportunity to purchase three residential development sites extending up to approximately 0.25 acres each, ideally situated between Dingwall and the historic spa town of Strathpeffer. Each plot has the benefit of Planning Permission in Principle for the erection of a detached residential dwelling (Ref: 15/02580/PIP).
Offers are invited in the region of £80,000 per plot or £240,000 for the whole.
Forestry Commission Scotland has opened up a new funding opportunity to help hill and upland sheep farmers boost their business potential. A specia Full Story...
- Investment & Commerical Forestry Management
- Specialised Woodland
- Amenity, Arboriculture and Tree Risk Management
- Forestry Policy, Grants and Legislative Guidance
- Woodland Creation and Carbon Management
- The Forestry Grant Scheme
- The Scottish Rural Development Programme 2014-2020
- Long Term Management Planning